Friday, March 18, 2011

Oh my! It IS broken...

Well the MRI has put a huge delay in my plans. It turns out that I really did number on this poor foot. We thought that it was a severe sprain and a possible chipped bone on the outside of my ankle. It really is a severe sprain with a crush break on the Talus bone (that's the bone inside that the leg bones "rest" on in simple terms).

Now I'm completely non-weight bearing for another 4 weeks. This means no sewing, cutting, or anything with that foot. I'm not to put it on the ground pretty much.

I've decided it's time to get creative. I have a machine that will do basic sewing & embroidery that's computerized. It will run without a foot pedal. I'm planning on practicing that to get a nice product and maybe sewing some infant diapers. I'm working out how to do more g-tube pads and the Overnight Solutions since the serger isn't computerized.

I'm starting with some baby things for a friend who is expecting her first baby in early May. I'm attempting this over the weekend so I'll know soon if this will work or not. Wish me luck!

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

No comments: